2022 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
When equipped with the proper features, the 2022 GMC Sierra towing capacity is 11,800 pounds, achieved with 6.2L Eco Tec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package. This provides St. Simons drivers with the perfect light-duty truck for almost any task. Let’s learn more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity with the experts at Nalley Brunswick Buick GMC, and then contact us to schedule a test drive or with any questions that you still have.
How Much Can the 2022 GMC Sierra Tow?
So, exactly how much can the GMC Sierra tow? This is a question that many Waycross drivers have when they’re looking at the GMC Sierra. The GMC Sierra towing capacity is 11,800 pounds when equipped with the 6.2L V8, Max Trailering Package, 4WD, and crew cab. Let’s check out some of the features that contribute to this class-leading towing capacity:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
2022 GMC Sierra Towing Features Available
- Max Trailering Package: To achieve the 11,800 pounds towing capacity, you need this package. This provides a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, updated shock tuning, improved radiator, 220-amp alternator, and heavy-duty rear springs.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: This feature allows you to automatically set the Electronic Parking Brake when using the Hitch View, preventing rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package provides the addition of two side-view mirror cameras, providing added visibility when towing a trailer. You can also add a trailer-mounted camera to be even safer on the Jessup roads.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: When you choose the Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode, this system will provide optimum transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak, depending on your chosen drive mode.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: You’ll have access to center control buttons on the console to control and keep an eye on the trailer brakes.
GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
When learning about the GMC Sierra towing capacity, you’ll come across the GMC Sierra ProGrade trailering system. This system provides high-definition cameras that stream to your infotainment screen and smartphone. Let’s check out a few of these below:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: The Hitch Guidance feature provides drivers with a dynamic grid line with the ability to zoom in on your hitch to hook up to easily hook up to the trailer.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: It’s important to ensure that your trailer lights are working properly, and the Trailer Light Sequence Test feature allows you to test the lights before you hit the Brunswick roads.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: The in-vehicle trailering app and smartphone app provides a comprehensive pre-departure checklist, Trailer Theft Detection, customizable brake settings, and much more!
Find Out About Your New GMC Sierra Today at Nalley Brunswick Buick GMC
Now that you know how much the GMC Sierra can tow, and some of the features that are here to make it safer than ever for you to tow, the next step is applying for financing online from the comfort of your own home! Our finance department is here to help make sure you take home your favorite version of the Sierra today!
More from Nalley Brunswick Buick GMC
The 2022 Buick Enclave is as fuel-efficient as it is powerful. Why is that? The standard powertrain combination is a gutsy 3.6L V6 engine mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission with FWD. That said, AWD is available. But how many miles per gallon does the 2022 Buick Enclave get? Though the V6 in this…
Whether you’re setting out to St. Simons to enjoy rugged trails or you’re wanting something that can handle just about anything that the road throws it, you’ll be able to find it at Nalley Brunswick Buick GMC with the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500. Over the years, the Sierra has been a top pick for buyers looking for an…
If you’re dreaming of taking home a rugged pickup to St. Simons and want to make sure that it has the size you need, then you want to consider the new 2022 GMC Sierra. But what are the GMC Sierra truck bed dimensions you might be wondering? Does it have enough room in the back…