2020 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
With the proper equipment, the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 maximum towing capacity reaches 13,400 pounds. This light-duty pickup offers drivers more than just a strong performance and high-tech interior. Learn more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity, towing features, and more with us at Nalley Brunswick Buick GMC today then take your favorite new GMC Sierra for a test drive before getting the process started.
HOW MUCH CAN THE GMC SIERRA TOW?
In order for the new GMC Sierra 1500 to reach its maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds, drivers will need to opt for the Double Cab configuration with a standard cargo box, a 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, and the Max Trailering Package. In addition to these, the new Sierra offers a variety of configurations and towing features that will affect the towing capabilities. A few options include:
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Cab Style: Crew Cab, Double Cab, or Regular Cab
- Trim levels and accessories options
When you opt for a Crew Cab, your towing capacity is 6,500 – 12,100 pounds. With the Double Cab, which has a smaller interior, you can tow 6,600 – 13,400 pounds.
AVAILABLE GMC SIERRA TOWING FEATURES
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 13,400-pound towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
WHAT IS THE GMC SIERRA PROGRADE TRAILERING SYSTEM?
The available ProGrade Trailering System gives drivers access to innovative towing technology that integrates high-resolution cameras, your Sierra’s infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make out-of-town towing easier than ever before.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature shows you a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help you hitch up your trailer correctly on the first try.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Even when you’re by yourself, you can test your trailer lights before you hit the road with the trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
TEST DRIVE THE NEW SIERRA AT Nalley Brunswick Buick GMC!
Once you’re ready to experience the GMC Sierra and it’s towing capabilities, make your way to Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick. If you’ve decided this is the model for you, check out our new vehicle specials, then drive off the lot in a new Sierra.