SONS Auto Policy
NOTE: We may collect your information at our dealership in connection with vehicle sales, financing or related transactions, and that information may be subject to specific privacy commitments provided to you at that time.
- Guiding Principles
- How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- From you, through our Services both online (e.g., website) and offline (e.g., phone);
- By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data; and
- From other sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us.
- Types of Information that We Collect
We may collect the following categories of information:
- Information you provide to us, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, or phone number;
- Survey information in response to questions that we may ask you through the Services (including email), including for research purposes;
- User Content that you may provide to us via the Service, as described in our Terms;
- Communications between you and us, such as via e-mail, web form, phone or other channels;
- Offline activity that you engage in with us, such as at our dealership; and
- Online User Activity as described in the next section.
- Online User Activity, Cookies, and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
Cookies are a commonly used web technology that allow websites to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We, our service providers, and our business partners, may collect information about your use of our websites and mobile apps by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, and other similar technologies. Cookies and these other technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our Services. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns and improve the website, and determine what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
When you use any Services we provide, the information that we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number); and
- Location information where you choose to provide us with information about your device’s location.
- How We Use the Information that We Collect
We may use the information that we obtain about you for purposes allowed by applicable laws, including:
- Provide our Services to you and respond to your inquiries and other communications;
- Tailor the content that we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer opportunities and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our Services, including to diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, as well as analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and our contractual rights.
We may also use or share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for many purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and advertising, as well as improvement of our Services.
- Online Advertising
You may see us promoted by other organizations, on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our organization may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that we are featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us.
- How we Disclose Information
- To business partners and service providers, agents and affiliates in connection with the services that they perform for our dealerships, such as to perform a technological, organizational, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, marketing and data analytics partners). Please note that some of our agents and contractors may be located outside the U.S. and subject to foreign laws;
- We also may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users, or the public; or
- To legal, financial, and other professional advisors or in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of its business or operations.
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us and applicable law.
If our websites offer chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups, please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
- Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
- Emails: From time to time, we may contact you via email or through other channels for the purpose of providing announcements, opportunities to participate in our programs or research, or other general communications. In order to improve our Services, we may be notified when you open an email from us or click on a link therein. You may choose not to receive certain informational emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we may continue sending you non-informational email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts, or information about changes to our terms of service.
- Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites and mobile apps may not function correctly.
- Information Requests: If you have a particular request with respect to personal information that we maintain about you, please contact us as directed below and where required by applicable law or otherwise in our reasonable discretion we will endeavor to address your request.
- State-Specific Notices
For California residents, the California Consumer Protection Act (the “CCPA”) provides various rights to individuals and households with respect to the collection and use of personal information that we have collected about you. Among other rights under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we: (i) disclose to you any personal information that we have about you; (ii) delete personal information that we have about you (subject to certain exceptions); or (iii) not “sell” your information to a third party (excluding qualified service providers), as that term is interpreted under the CCPA. It is unlawful for us to discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. If you are a California resident, you can submit such requests to us via the contact information provided below and we will complete the request within the timeframe permitted by law.
For Nevada residents, please note that we do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law (Ch. 603A, Sec. 1.6). You can submit a request to us regarding the sale of such information via the contact information provided below.
- Accessing this Web Site
Our Services are controlled and operated in the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States. Any personal information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and other internal systems located within the U.S.
- External Links
Our websites may contain links to third party websites and social media integrations. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or social media platforms, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or platform that collects personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
The Services are intended for use only by persons over the age of 13. We do not seek to collect information about children under the age of 13 and aim to delete such information if discovered.
- Contacting the Web Sites
These Terms were last updated on November [XX], 2020.